Sarnia-Lambton Contact Centre Industry
With Sarnia-Lambton’s educated workforce, affordable properties, and state-of-the-art telecommunications infrastructure, Sarnia-Lambton meets the needs of the business process outsourcing industry.
Sarnia-Lambton is currently home to two contact centres:
- Atelka’s inbound contact centre that supports a large Canadian telecommunications company. Opened in April 2014, this site currently employs approximately 400 agents.
- Marriott’s Worldwide Reservation inbound contact centre employs approximately 200 at home agents in the community.
With a history of hosting several contact centres over the past three decades, there are highly qualified workers available for employment. Many of these potential staff members are fully trained and have participated in the Contact Centre Apprenticeship Program previously offered through the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
- Concentration of workers in the contact centre industry is currently very low representing only 1.01% of the total labour pool in Sarnia (CA) and only 0.72% in Lambton County.
- Sarnia is a great place to live and work, 86% of Lambton residents have lived in the community for 5 years or more, resulting in a very stable and dedicated workforce.
- Over 50% of the Lambton County workforce have some form of post secondary education with a high percentage of the workforce (35%) having achieved a college diploma or apprenticeship certificate.
Affordable Available Real Estate Options
Within Sarnia-Lambton there are multiple well serviced sites to meet the needs of potential contact centres. Some sites are completely plug-and-play, ready to be staffed immediately. Other sites can be easily tailored to the needs of specific contact centres.
For More information on the Contact Centre Industry see: