The Town of Petrolia, "Canada's Victorian Oil Town", is a truly unique small Canadian town. Built on a game-changing oil boom of the 1800s, the town is filled with beautiful Victorian architecture, featuring Victoria Hall. This architecturally impressive building houses the Victoria Playhouse Petrolia and also the Town Hall.
Centrally located within Lambton County, the town is readily accessible to tourists, who enjoy the mix of boutique shopping, theatre, and historic oil history.
In addition to being a tourist draw, the town is a retail and service centre for the Central Lambton Area.
Photo - Victoria Hall, courtesy of www.liveinlambton.ca.
The Petrolia municipal offices are located in Victoria Hall, 411 Greenfield Street, Petrolia.
Visit Petrolia's website.
View Petrolia's property tax rates and water rates.
Visit Live In Lambton's section on Petrolia.
View Statistics Canada's section on Petrolia.
- Population 5,528 (Source - Statistics Canada 2011)
- Land area 12.68 square km.
- Home to Victoria Playhouse
- Location of The Petrolia Discovery - working oil museum
- Rich in Victorian architecture
- Vibrant friendly community
- Photo - Victoria Hall, Petrolia