Focusing on Research and Development
Western Sarnia-Lambton Research Park
You can find information on Research and Development incentives here.
Western Sarnia-Lambton Research Park is located at 1086 Modeland Road, Sarnia. Staff at The Research Park works with businesses and industry to assess their innovation needs, access innovation resources, and works with them to unlock the innovation potential in their business, product, service, process, or idea.
The Research Park offers unprecedented resources, including;
- Leading research from The University of Western Ontario, one of Canada’s top research-intensive universities, and other academic partners across the country and around the world
- The expertise of world-renowned scientists, engineers and scholars
- Talented undergraduates, graduate students, and experienced hires
- Cutting edge equipment, one-of-a-kind facilities and fully equipped labs
- Government grants, low cost services, venture capital, and other ways to maximize the return on innovation investments
- A growing community of innovative tenants and partners throughout the region
Bioindustrial Innovation Canada
A Bioindustrial Innovation Canada (BIC) business accelerator is located at The Western Sarnia-Lambton Research Park. The BIC (photo, left) provides companies access to labs and pilot plant facilities. Scientists are on site.
Other R & D in Sarnia-Lambton
Imperial Oil's Sarnia Research Centre houses scientists, engineers, technologists, and support staff engaged in developing and improving lubricating oils and specialty products, carrying out crude oil analyses, and providing technical support. The engine test lab provides a range of industry, standard and in-house tests, as well as customized tests to meet clients' specific needs.
Lambton College's Bluewater Technology Access Centre serves as a technology innovation hub for regional companies and organizations by providing access to: applied research and technology development resources; Research and technical services; and training.
The College's Advanced Materials Engineering Research (AMBER) Lab is dedicated to the use of polymer and biodegradable materials and advanced manufacturing technologies.
Also at Lambton College, the Suncor Sustainability Centre is the hub for sustainability initiatives in the region. The Suncor Sustainability Centre is part of the industry-led Bluewater Sustainability Initiative, which brings together business, industry, and civic organizations with a shared vision of Sarnia-Lambton as a hybrid green community that is recognized worldwide.
The College's Centre for Advanced Process Technology provides training in leading edge process technologies and applications. Theory and applications are tested through dynamic simulations or processing of samples in the advanced technology laboratories.