Four Time Recipients - Top Ten Canadian Economic Development Groups
Sarnia-Lambton Economic Partnership
"Site Selection" Magazine, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2014
Fast facts about the Economic Partnership
We are the Sarnia-Lambton Economic Partnership
Our Mission Is Clear....
....to provide businesses with one-stop shopping for economic development services - and to promote the distinctive advantages that Sarnia-Lambton offers companies and residents.
By coordinating community-based economic development initiatives, and by working to maintain a commercially attractive environment, we foster new business creation and help ensure that established firms remain—and grow—here in our region.
The strength of the Economic Partnership comes from intensive public and private sector collaboration. With business leaders, educational institutions and municipal governments working together, Sarnia-Lambton reaps the benefits of coordinated economic development initiatives.
- The Sarnia-Lambton Economic Partnership is a private / public-sector, community-based partnership that works to continually increase the economic activity in the City of Sarnia and the County of Lambton
- Mission is three-fold: attracting new industry and investment; attracting new residents; and retaining and growing the businesses and industries already making Sarnia-Lambton home
- Is instrumental in guiding the community’s economic path, including the strategic direction to position the area as a globally recognized centre for bio-industries and alternative energy
- Support for existing local businesses includes: exploring new business concepts; finding financing sources; and preparing business plans
- A board of directors leads the Economic Partnership’s long-range program and annual activities.
- Represents a broad cross-section of community interests and meets regularly to identify, discuss and take actin to help grow the local economy
- Members pool their resources in a co-operative way and manage the operating resources that they have put in place
- Board’s initiatives are supported by a small, but enthusiastic and dedicated team of employees
- Provide a range of specialized skills and experiences,
- Ensure the community receives the maximum return for its economic development investment
- Attracts industry through community marketing, documenting local cost competitiveness, creating competitive advantages and client account management
- Resident attraction initiative focuses on students, employees, entrepreneurs, and active seniors