Business Assistance Programs
Southwestern Ontario Development Fund - Business Stream
|Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Innovation|
|The Southwestern Ontario Development Fund supports regional economic development by creating jobs, attracting private sector investment and promoting innovation, collaboration and cluster development in Southwestern Ontario.
Under the business stream, the fund may provide up to 15% of eligible project costs to a maximum grant of $1.5 million. For project investments of $10+ million that create 50+ jobs, funding may be available in the form of a secured repayable loan, to a maximum of $5 million in provincial support.
In order to be eligible for the business stream, businesses must:
1. Employ at least 10 people and meet minimum job creation thresholds as outlined in the Business
2. Be able to provide 3 years of financial statements;
3. Be part of an eligible sector
4. Be located in, or plan to locate in Southwestern Ontario
5. Have a multi year project that involves a minimum investment of $500,000 in eligible project costs.
Businesses with 5-10 employees may be eligible under the Community Small Pilot program. Under this program, businesses must:
1. Businesses must have 5-10 employees, be located in municipalities with a population of less
than 20,000 or with a population density of less than 100 persons per square kilometre
2. Projects must be a minimum investment of $200,000 over 4 years
3. Companies must create 50% of current employment.|