Visit Brooke-Alvinston's website.
||Brooke-Alvinston municipal offices
The thriving agricultural municipality of the Township of Brooke-Alvinston is located on the east side of Lambton County, bordered by the County of Middlesex on the east, and the Sarnia-Lambton municipalities of Township of Euphemia on the south, Township of Enniskillen on the west, and Township of Warwick on the north. The Township municipal office is located 3236 River Street, Alvinston.
In May of 2009 Brooke-Alvinston won an award, one of only 11 in Ontario, as recognition for having a "youth friendly" environment. Brooke-Alvinston won the designation from the 'Play Works Partnership', a group of organizations concerned about the future of young people.
Photo - Receiving award in Toronto in October, 2009 - Front row from left to right: Katrina Richter, Devin Triest, Don McGugan (Mayor), Sarah Hills, Barbara Annett. Back row left to right: Maria Van Bommel (MPP) Michelle Koolen, Anne McGugan, Honourable Margarett Best, Minister of Health Promotion,
Julie Millson, Ruth McCallum, Helen Lomax
The Township Brooke-Alvinston is serviced by the urban centres of Alvinston and Inwood, and is approximately a 30 minute drive to Sarnia and 45 minutes to London.
- Population 2,661 (Source - Statistics Canada, 2006 Census)
- Land area 311.30 square km.
- Location of Munro Honey and Meadery - Ontario’s only meadery
- Thriving agricultural community
- Home to Brooke-Alvinston Fair
- Location of A. W. Campbell Conservation Area
- Communities include Alvinston, Inwood, Rokeby, Sutorville, and Walnut