What is a Digital Transformation Grant?
The Digital Transformation Grant (DTG) program is focused on assisting small businesses with their adoption of technologies. The program provides training, advisory support and $2,500 grants to brick-and-mortar small businesses looking to increase their capacity through digital transformation.
The Objectives of the Digital Main Street – Digital Transformation Grant Program are to:
1. Provide small business owners a comprehensive plan to guide their digital transformation.
2. Provide small businesses with the digital literacy skills they need to execute their digital transformation either through a do-it-yourself approach and/or being a smart consumer when purchasing these services.
Tahreem Fatima and Kaila Bourne are our Digital Service Advisors for Digital Main Street and can help you with the process of getting your Digital Transformation Grant as well as a variety of other services administered by Digital Main Street including:
- Understand how digital marketing can help you achieve your business goals
- Learn how to set up a website or social media presence
- Grow your social media presence
- Create or update your Google My Business profile
- Take a 360-degree video of your location
- Apply for the Digital Main Street ShopHere and FutureProof programs
Click Here to Contact Tahreem and Kaila
A Digital Transformation Grant is open to any business that meets the following requirements:
Must be a business that:
- Has a permanent ‘brick-and-mortar’ establishment in Ontario
- Is employing 1-50 employees
- Is NOT a home-based business
- Is paying commercial property tax (commercially assessed), either directly or through commercial rent
- Is a registered business in Ontario and/or is incorporated
- Is open for business/operating at the time of application (not a start up)
- Is open to the general public for walk-in and onsite purchases of goods and services – NOT A WHOLESALER OR MANUFACTURER
- Is NOT a business supplying digital services to other businesses (e.g. website design/development, SEO, programming)
- Is NOT a franchise, including those individually owned and operated
- Is NOT a not-for-profit/ charitable organization
- Is NOT renting office space on a temporary basis (month-to-month)
- Is NOT in a shared workspace such as a hot desk or dedicated desk
- Is NOT a purely online business
- An Ontario resident operating a business in Ontario.
- An individual of 18 years of age or older at the time of application.
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Has completed the Digital Transformation for Main Street program, which includes:
- The Digital Main Street Assessment
- Has passed the eligibility quiz
- The online training
- Developing a Digital Transformation Plan