Chippewas of Sarnia Industrial Developments (CIDL) is a band-owned company that oversees the development and management of the Industrial Park on lands owned by Aamjiwnaang First Nation. The park is located in the City of Sarnia with ready access to major highways and the Canada / U.S. border as well as close proximity to rail.
CIDL leases land and buildings to industry, with rates based on a combination of the land’s market value and the value of the buildings, with terms as long as 20 years.
Click here for detailed land and utility map of Chippewas of Sarnia Industrial Park.
- Land owned by Aamjiwnaang First Nation and managed by Chippewas of Sarnia Industrial Developments (CIDL), a Band-owned company
- Located on Hwy. 40
- Five minutes drive to Ontario / Michigan border
- Light and Heavy Industrial land
- Services – electrical, natural gas, water, sanitary and storm water services
- Leasing Options
- Under a property lease the band would assume ownership of the building at the end of the term agreement
- Lot and building(s) constructed to the tenant’s specifications
- Lot and basic structure, with the tenant responsible for completing construction of the building(s) as leasehold improvements
- What Tenants Pay
- Land rental fees are negotiated on the basis of fair market value and a percentage of the appraised value per acre
- Building rental fees are based on the value of the facilities and are usually charged on a per square footage basis
- Building service fees are based on the number of linear feet of lot frontage
- Service fees reflect the costs incurred for the operation and maintenance of the park