The Ontario government launched the Advanced Manufacturing and Innovation Competitiveness (AMIC) program. The two-year, $40 million program will support advanced manufacturing businesses to invest in the equipment, advanced technologies and skilled workforce needed to improve competitiveness and growth.
Eligible advanced manufacturing companies can receive up to 15% funding, through loans or in some circumstances grants, to support their investments.
The fund supports business and organizations in advanced manufacturing sectors, including:
- information and communications technology (ICT)
- life sciences
To be eligible, businesses need to:
- have at least three years of operations/financial statements
- employ at least 10 people
- commit to creating at least five new jobs and/or upskilled current jobs
- invest at least $500,000 in their project
- be located in, or plan to locate in, a community in Ontario
The first round of applications will be open until February 10, 2022. Companies will need to register on Transfer Payment Ontario (TPON) to apply.
The AMIC program builds on the Regional Development Program (RDP) which was launched in 2019 and was targeted to companies in Eastern and Southwestern Ontario.
For more information on the program, please go to Ontario.ca/AMIC.
If any companies have an existing project that may be eligible for the program, please contact us at the Sarnia-Lambton Economic Partnership and we can assist with additional program information and contacts.