With a solid line up of interesting speakers, Sarnia Lambton Business Week has expanded to a two week event this year. Events have been scheduled from October 18 through October 29.
“We wanted to fit in our agenda of speakers, and also coordinate with activities organized by the Chamber of Commerce and the Forest Business Improvement Area, so we needed to spread things over a two week period. We also wanted to coincide with Small Business Week in Canada which runs from October 17 to 23,” says Mike McDonough, chair of the Business Week committee.
Business Week activities begin Monday, October 18 with the Chamber of Commerce Kick Off Breakfast, followed by the Chamber Showcase, a large exhibition of local business’ products and services to be held at the Sarnia Sports and Entertainment Centre on October 20. The Forest Business Improvement Area is holding a dinner meeting October 27.
Various speakers will be presenting workshops aimed at small businesses October 22 through October 29. Most of the events will be held at Lambton College, Business & Industry Centre. A total of 13 different seminars are scheduled, with a variety of topics:
- How different generations can work together in business
- Buying and/or selling a business
- Succession pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Personal branding
- Business writing for style and power
- SWOT – Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats in business
- Using the internet and websites to promote business
- Building relationships with business stakeholders
- The Fish! Philosophy – sales skills of a Seattle fish market
- Small business boot camp
- Dealing with difficult people
- Marketing your business – advertising & promotion panel
- Identity theft and fraud in small business
Prices for the workshops are the same as last year at $20 each. If four or more tickets are ordered, the cost is reduced to $15 each. The Sarnia Lambton Business Week committee will be circulating registration forms with full details in early September.
For more information contact:
Mike McDonough or Mary Alderson
The Sarnia Lambton Business Development Corporation
The Business Centre
Phone: (519) 383 1371 or 1 800 263 7047