Small Businesses power our local economy and employment, representing 98% of the 10,533 businesses in Sarnia-Lambton, with small businesses employing more than one third of all workers in Ontario.
If you are interested in starting your own business or have an existing small business in the Sarnia-Lambton area, the Business Enterprise Centre offers a variety of free services to entrepreneurs and business owners to help focus your ideas, clarify your goals and plans, and support your entrepreneurial journey.
What is the Business Enterprise Centre?
Operated by a team of professionals dedicated to the success of entrepreneurs and small business in Sarnia-Lambton, the Business Enterprise Centre is here to help you if you are just starting out, wanting to grow, or requiring unbiased advice on your business matters. We offer the expertise to help you every step of the way.
Our free, confidential, and expert services offer you support through a variety of platforms, including in-person and on-line, to help you where and when you need it.
Services Provided by the Business Enterprise Centre
The Business Enterprise Centre provides free, confidential business counselling and advisory services to aspiring entrepreneurs, those in the start up stage, and existing Small Businesses in the Sarnia-Lambton area.
Do you have an idea for a product or service or do not know where to start? If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, you may be considering starting or buying a business, and Sarnia-Lambton is a great place to open a new business or relocate your existing company.
The Business Enterprise Centre can help you explore your ideas to determine if you are ready to start a viable and sustainable business.
- Aid in the research and preparation of a business plan including competitive and market analysis of your product or service to help you determine if your idea should move forward as a business
- Information about how and where to register your Business Name
- Information about legislation and regulations relating to your industry type and business model
- Referrals to other local professionals and service providers
Small Business Start-Ups
Sarnia-Lambton is a great place to open a new business or relocate your existing company. Close to both the U.S. and Canadian markets, the area boasts a low cost of living and access to excellent business infrastructure and quality of life.
The Business Enterprise Centre can help you with:
- Developing and finalizing your business plan
- Guidance on Marketing, Research, Government Regulations, Health and Safety Issues, calculating your overhead and creating proforma (projected) financial statements
- Information about Incentives, Grants, and Funding opportunities, including help to prepare you to approach lenders and investors
Existing Small Businesses
If you are already running your business, we can help you answer questions relating to specific issues, establishing short- and long-term goals, diversifying your revenue streams, expanding your operations, and even exploring succession planning or transitioning your business to new ownership.
The Business Enterprise Centre can help you with:
- Questions relating to growth of operations, health and safety information, hiring employees or managing human resources, analysis of financial position and plans, marketing and sales
- Strategic Planning
- Succession Planning
We want you to succeed.
Contact us at 519.332.1820 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about how our free services can help you at any stage of your entrepreneurship journey, or complete our easy online intake form to have one of our counsellors reach out to you.
On-Demand Education Videos and Recorded Webinars
The Business Enterprise Centre also offers an ongoing calendar of education sessions, events, and workshops. Drawing on our experience from interacting with aspiring, new, and established entrepreneurs, we offer a full suite of skills-based learning and information about the latest business trends.
Upcoming events can be found in our Event Calendar.
Recordings of prior events and free educational videos are also available on-demand to everyone in Sarnia-Lambton. Browse our catalogue and select to participate when you want, where you want.
Business Plan Videos
- The Company Profile
- The Industry Profile
- The Sales and Marketing Plan
- The Operations Plan
- The Financial Plan: Cash Flow Forecast
- The Financial Plan: The Income Statement and Balance Sheet
Specialized Small Business Education Webinars On Demand
- Overview of the Business Enterprise Services Webinar
- Pivot Panel Discussion – On Demand Webinar
- Video Marketing – On Demand Webinar
- How to Navigate Crisis Communications – On Demand Webinar
- Matching your Online/Offline Brand – On Demand Webinar
- Strange Brew: 5 Skills for Entrepreneurial Innovation – On Demand Webinar
- Exploring Reusable Takeout Containers to Engage Customers – On Demand Webinar
- Marketing – Determining Your Target Client Base – On Demand Webinar
- Customer Service for Small Business – On Demand Webinar
- Marketing – Pricing your Product/Service for your Brand and Audience – On Demand Webinar
- Photography for Small Business – Richard Beland Photography – On Demand Webinar
Contact us at 519.332.1820 or email@example.com to learn about how our free services can help you at any stage of your entrepreneurship journey.
The Business Enterprise Centre is a joint venture of the Sarnia-Lambton Economic Partnership, The County of Lambton, and the Province of Ontario.