Within the Bio-Industrial Park there are several sites available for the development of new manufacturing with access to existing pipeline infrastructure as well as steam and market access via rail and marine.
The Park’s western boundary is the St. Clair River, with a deep water dock facility that provides access, through the St. Lawrence Seaway, to ships on the Great Lakes system and international oceanic cargo. The site is also serviced with rail service from CSX rail and interswitch to CN Rail which connect to markets in Canada and the U.S. via the St. Clair Rail Tunnel.
- Parcels from .8 to 36 hectares (2 to 90 acres) ideal for pilot plants, demonstration facilities, or full-scale manufacturing complexes
- 219 metre (720 foot) marine terminal for ocean and lake freighter service
- Serviced by CSX rail with interswitch to CN Rail
- spur lines located throughout site
- shunting tracking and scheduling shunt services can be provided by the Park
- direct access to US Midwest and seaport of Halifax, Nova Scotia, via St. Clair River rail tunnel
- Steam and electrical power available from neighbouring TransAlta Sarnia Regional Cogeneration Plant, a 506 Megawatt cogeneration facility constructed in 2002
- favourable steam energy pricing
- infrastructure in place to supply 450, 165, 15 psi steam pressures
- can provide up to half a million pounds of steam per hour
- 13.8 KV electrical hookup
- Water – process or cooling water distribution system services the site, potable water, fire protection water
- Waste water treatment capacity of 24,000 m3 (634 million US gallons)/day
- Access to petrochemical pipeline chemicals and industrial gases
- Support services, including human resources and payroll accounting, medical services, security services, maintenance scheduling, tolling arrangements, employee lockers and shower facilities can be supplied by the Park
- Park is owned by ARLANXEO Canada Inc.