Advanced Manufacturing is a cornerstone of the Sarnia-Lambton economy, and is one of the region’s most important economic sectors. The established oil, gas, and refining industries have given birth to a growing cluster of innovative and high-tech manufacturing industries that have and continue to flourish in the area. Thanks to a highly skilled and knowledgeable workforce that includes designers, researchers, programmers, engineers, technicians, and tradespeople, the Advanced Manufacturing industry in Sarnia-Lambton is a vibrant and competitive contributor to the Ontario and Canadian economy.
Companies in the Sarnia-Lambton area are leaders in investment research as well as converting new technologies to processes and products that meet and exceed global needs. A diverse range of industry leading products are produced locally and include; chemicals, industrial equipment, automotive and transportation parts, military and police supplies, air filters, and construction and custom metal products.
Sarnia-Lambton offers an unparalleled combination of infrastructure, transportation, talent, industrial services, and access to inputs, consumers, and economic development incentives – putting the region at the top of the competition for meeting the strategic location needs of advanced manufacturers.
Learn More About Successful Advanced Manufacturing Businesses in Sarnia-Lambton
Why Choose Sarnia-Lambton?
- Strategic location on Canada/USA border.
- Outstanding access to markets via road, rail, air, and deep-water port transportation.
- Skilled workforce with specialized skills required for the Advanced Manufacturing Industry.
- Education, innovation, and research & development capabilities to support investment in innovative products and technologies.
- Industrial parks and buildings suitable for all types of light and heavy manufacturing.
- Established process infrastructure ideally suited to utility-heavy manufacturing that can save new projects up to 20% on capital costs.
- Affordable energy with opportunities to save 35-40% on electricity cost compared to Ontario averages thanks to “behind-the-fence” energy pricing.
- Strong government support, including a competitive corporate tax environment, incentives, and grants.
A full selection of materials on the Advanced Manufacturing industry in Sarnia-Lambton can be found by clicking the images below.