Oil Springs is a 150 year-old village located in central Lambton.
Residents enjoy a pastoral lifestyle with comfortable and affordable housing options.
Originally called “Black Creek.”, the community’s name was changed to Oil Springs in 1858, after the discovery of oil. There are still many producing wells adjacent to the Village.
Residents have pride in their village and this is shown by the inauguration of a new garden in the heart of Oil Springs. The garden features a memorial as well as an attractive display of plants and flowers, beautifying the downtown.
The Oil Museum of Canada’s extensive indoor and interactive outdoor exhibits draw visitors from around the world.
Industry and Community Highlights
- North America’s first oil well, 1858
- Worldwide tourism draw, Oil Museum of Canada
- Driving tour of oil history