Many of the most successful Lambton County businesses attribute their success to focussing on how they can be globally competitive with their products and services. Having direct access to the huge U.S. market through the local Blue Water Bridge and international rail tunnel give our businesses a great advantage. The Port of Sarnia and air freight options give exporters access to the world. Want to learn how you can expand your market to a specific new area or the world? Check out some of the many services available to assist:
- Canada-Ontario Business Services Centre (COBSC) – Their “resources for exporters/importers” section provides great information and links. Information officers are available to assist by phone.
- Export Development Canada – Provides many valuable products and services to exporters. These include account receivable insurance, to make sure you get paid, as well as introductory services to companies around the world with whom they have developed relationships. Local representatives are available to chat over the phone or meet with you at your business.
- Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure – Your local representatives can introduce you to contacts at their trade offices around the world. They can also assist you in accessing government funding programs to assist in your exporting efforts.
- Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development – Canadian Consulate Services – Your local representative is available to talk by phone or visit your business. With offices around the world, they can help you connect to qualified buyers and assist when you are travelling to foreign markets.
- Global Business Opportunities Community (GBOC) – GBOC helps business operators identify the steps they can take to begin exporting, to expand their sales abroad and to seek new markets. GBOC can provide referrals to services and programs; advise on funding applications; inform about trade show opportunities, etc. It all depends on the business’s needs.