SARNIA, ON: Attention all local entrepreneurs looking to start or grow their own small business: Starter Company Plus can help.
Successful applicants receive grants up to $5,000, as well as one-on-one advice from experienced business counsellors. Monthly education and networking sessions are also provided to the entrepreneurs selected to participate in the program.
New this year are online educational webinars – available on demand – to assist entrepreneurs and applicants with business planning.
“Entrepreneurship is an important driver of the local economy,” says Stephen Thompson, CEO of the Sarnia-Lambton Economic Partnership (SLEP). “We are here to help entrepreneurs grow their business and shape the future of our community.”
“For the third consecutive year, SLEP is pleased to offer Starter Company Plus for both financial assistance and business coaching,” said Thompson.
In each of the last two years, six local companies received $5,000 apiece and benefited from the expertise and mentoring available through SLEP and the Starter Company Plus program.
THOSE CHOSEN FOR THE STARTER COMPANY PLUS PROGRAM RECEIVE:
– funding up to $5,000 to grow an existing business or start one;
– monthly education and networking sessions;
– one-on-one virtual consulting with an experienced business counsellor;
– assistance with business planning, goal setting and assessing the progress of your business.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE IF YOU ARE:
– 18 years or older and a Canadian citizen with a business in Sarnia-Lambton or a desire to start a new venture here;
– not attending post-secondary school;
– have at least 25% of the requested grant amount in equity;
– have not received a Starter Company Plus grant previously;
– owner of a private, for-profit business;
– able to submit a three-minute video pitch with your application.
Note all applications are reviewed by a panel of business leaders from our community.
Anyone interested in learning more is invited to register for an online information session Tuesday, Feb. 2nd at 2:00 p.m. Register at sarnialambton.on.ca/starter/register. Details on how to apply can be found at sarnialambton.on.ca/starter or by contacting Chantelle Core at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starter Company Plus is administered by the Sarnia-Lambton Economic Partnership’s Business Enterprise Centre and funded by the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade.
Sarnia-Lambton Economic Partnership