Help shape the future of energy and the environment in Sarnia-Lambton
The City of Sarnia in collaboration with the Sarnia-Lambton Economic Partnership and community partners will be hosting the Sarnia-Lambton Energy and Environment Summit on May 17 from 8am – 12 noon at the Lambton College Events Centre.
This event is meant to bring together citizens, stakeholders, and partners to solicit input to ensure that Sarnia-Lambton continues to lead and capture the benefits of being a community with a focus on energy and the environment.
As Canada moves to net zero, energy and the environment will merge and ultimately drive economic development. Understanding how Sarnia-Lambton will embrace this goal will be the essence of this summit’s discussion.
The goal is to reach a level of consensus on future efforts necessary to allow Sarnia-Lambton to take a proactive approach to our economic and environmental future.
You’re invited to join for a future-visioning session that includes:
- An introductory presentation to set the context for energy and environment up to now
- A structured panel discussion with representatives from the energy and environment sectors
- An opportunity to share ideas and perspective through facilitated breakout sessions with small table discussions
Free to attend, but advanced registration is required: https://sarnialambtonsummit.eventbrite.com/.
Many thanks to the following organizations for their support in planning and preparing for the day’s event:
- City of Sarnia
- Sarnia Lambton Economic Partnership
- Bluewater Association for Safety, Environment, and Sustainability (BASES)
- County of Lambton
- Kettle and Stony Point First Nation
- Lambton College
- Sarnia Lambton Chamber of Commerce
- Sarnia Lambton Workforce Development Board
- The Bowman Centre for Sustainable Energy
- Western Sarnia Lambton Research Park