The Bluewater Energy Park is a fully serviced 108.5 hectare (268 acre) site located on the St. Clair River in Sarnia. The park is able to provide steam and electrical power from TransAlta’s Sarnia Regional Cogeneration Plant at favourable prices. At present, the park has 68.8 hectares (170 acres) available for the development of new manufacturing.
Bluewater Energy Park is owned by TransAlta, Canada’s largest publicly traded generator and marketer of electricity and renewable power. TransAlta’s Sarnia Regional Cogeneration Plant is the largest Cogeneration plant in Canada and is located on the southern perimeter of the Park.
The Park’s western boundary is the St. Clair River, with a deep water dock facility that provides access, through the St. Lawrence Seaway, to ships on the Great Lakes system and international oceanic cargo. The site is also serviced with rail service from both CN and CSX rail which connect to markets in Canada and the U.S. via the St. Clair Rail Tunnel.
- 108.5 hectares (268 acres), with 68.8 hectares (170 acres) currently available
- Ideal for heavy energy users with on-site cogeneration plant (approx 75MW, redundant supply available at 13.8kV) with “behind the fence” electrical pricing for qualified industries locating in the Park
- Located 4 km (2.5 m) from Highway 402 and only 6.5 km (4 m) from the Blue Water International Bridge (Sarnia – Port Huron, MI)
- Marine dock for ocean and lake freighter service
- Serviced by CN and CSX rail
- Spur lines located throughout site
- shunting service available through CN and CSX
- direct access to US Midwest and seaport of Halifax Nova Scotia via St. Clair River rail tunnel
- CSX line links with CN and Canadian Pacific Rail
- Steam and electrical power available from neighbouring TransAlta Sarnia Regional Cogeneration Plant, a 506 Megawatt cogeneration facility constructed in 2002
- 110,000 sq.ft. (10,219 sq. metres) laboratory and office complex
- laboratories have excellent access to shipping and receiving facilities
- conference room
- available for lease on exclusive or shared basis, with energy and HVAC requirements subject to “behind the fence” pricing for manufacturing facilities within the Park
- Park is owned by TransAlta